I believe that everyday is a gift from God. With this absolute truth in my life I try my best to be thankful everyday not only for my life (after a near death experience not too long ago this became very real) but for the lives of my family and friends as well. Sometimes we can get so caught up in our busy lives running and tackling that “to do” list day in and day out that we forget to take the time to sit and meditate and verbally give thanks for all that we have and are able to do. Here are some very good reasons to try to take as little as just 3 minutes a day to meditate and deep breathing while giving thanks.
Tip #3 Meditate and Practice Gratitude Everyday, Acknowledge The Presence of God Everyday!
- This has been shown to increase lifespan by 95%
- Can Increase immunity – done regularly can boost natural killer cells increasing resistance to tumors and viruses
- Helps balance us emotionally
- Can lower blood pressure by bringing down cortisol levels
- Helps us to SWITCH OFF stress
- Can help to decrease inflammation at the cellular level
- Decreases pain
- Can help to increase grey matter in the brain responsible for muscle control and sensory perception such as Vision, Memory, Emotions, Speech, Decision making and Self Control
Try this simple breathing technique:
The Three Threes – 3 Deep Breaths, 3 Minutes , 3 Times a Day