We all know we need to exercise several times a week but we may not realize why we need to. I feel like so many people believe they have to go to the gym or to some sort of class in order to get in some exercise. The truth is it’s as easy as taking a walk. That rite, just walking. It’s one of the best forms of movement for our bodies we can do and it doesn’t require any equipment or personal trainer. We don’t have to go very far before our heart rate is elevated! The goal with walking is to keep a steady pace and use our arms as well as our legs. If you haven’t done any exercise in a while you may want to try walking around the inside of your house a few times and if you have stairs try going up and back down a few times too. When you are ready to move on take it outside around your neighborhood and it won’t be long before you are walking several neighborhoods.
Here are a few good reasons to start moving right now!
Tip #2: Move Your Body Everyday
- Helps to regulate blood sugar
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Improves circulation and cardiorespiratory functioning
- Helps to move your lymphatic system (our bodies are 50-65% water which makes this so important for eliminating toxins from the body
- Helps to improve immune function
- Helps to reduce stress
- Helps to improve mental function
- Stimulates the brain to produce Dopamine and Serotonin – the FEEL GOOD HORMONES
- Helps to improve sleep quality
These are some very impressive reasons to move everyday. Try not to be hard on yourself if you miss a day here and there but remember to be thankful for every time you do. Your body will thank you too!
Tip #3 coming soon!